DJ Wolfmans Website

Sunday 7 November 2010

WGW Recap - I did it :)

Wow what a fantastic weekend it was !!!

Not only did I make my live DJ debut, I got to hang around with some fantastic people - here is a breakdown of the weekend

Wednesday - Went to Loki's meet up, gave out some new DJ Wolfman cards, reminding people about the Sophie Night

Thursday - Nerves Nerves Nerves Nerves !!! I spent most of the day being excited & nervous checking sets, rechecking sets, making sure I had my Cd's & headphones (again) Got to the spa with Wolfgirl just after 7pm, got the chance to get used to the decks, I think once I had done that the nerves went and the adrenaline kicked in. Both sets went very well, & I would like to thank Martin (Oldgoth) for not only giving me the chance to do it in the 1st place but for what he said to me afterwards, coming from a man I have admired & respected for many years It really meant alot (Happy 50th Martin)  It was a pleasure to DJ alongside him,Loki & Ben. I think I can safely say I have the live bug now - I want more !! the Sophie night raised alot of money which was fantastic - I was very humbled to be asked to DJ for a fantastic cause

Friday - Went to spa in the morning, bought some t-shirts, said alot of thankyou's to people for their support, got the chance to meet some of the people I chat with on twitter, then home to get ready for the nights music on the bill Friday night - Projekt, Stripper Project & Manuskript - Picked up Projekt's Reign of scars & Manuskript's new album - The Unusual Suspects  

Saturday - Didn't go to spa during the day - think I was getting the start of the "Whitby Lurgy" but was really looking forward the nights billing - I was kindly provided with a weekend pass & all areas pass for the Sat night ( It's my 1st one so I've kept it ) as soon as got to the spa I saw Brigitte (Gothtart) selling merch both her & Martin were very busy at the merch stall  . Because I had the pass I watched all the acts from the side of the stage - billing for the Saturday - Last Cry (Amazing) Autumn Cannibals (Fantastic Set & amazing banter) also was treated to some Mercurine too, Last was Wayne Hussey who was joined by  Simon Hinkler - a great night but it hadn't ended for me, I got to meet the autumn cannibals and trust me they REALLY know to party - alot of rum swapping involved

Picked Up - Last Cry & Autumn Cannibals T-shirts & Mercurine cd



Sunday - AAAAARRGH what is going on with my body - is it the "Whitby Lurgy" nope I clearly found out in the afternoon it was not the lurgy but in fact the "Autumn Cannibals Body Wrecker" lots of sleep & Monster energy needed for Nostalgia - DJ'S Tonight - Martin Oldgoth, Velouria Rose, Katy Kitten & Cruel Britannia - A fantastic night & the perfect end to my Whitby weekend

Looking forward to March - Also hello to new friends Baby Bat & Shaggy, So many people to thank was great to meet up with everyone again,

Monster Mash WGW recap show will air on Nightbreed Radio every Tuesday night in November starting November 9th - Which will include my DJ sets @ Sophie Night and tracks from all artists who played the weekend

DJ Wolfman

No comments:

Post a Comment